Wednesday 16 November 2011

Evaluation: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

From My preliminary task to the main task I learned a great deal to do with time management, photography and Layout.

The first thing I learnt was about time management which I felt was the weakest area in my preliminary task which was rushed in some aspects. For example I spent a large amount of time researching front covers an worked less on contents page research. Which meant that my contents page production for the preliminary task was not as good. I rectified this for my main task by spreading my time between all aspects of my production which shows in the progress from my preliminary task contents page, to my main task contents page.

With the production of both tasks I felt that my time management was bad and I would improve this if I was to do this again.

Another area I learned a great deal about is photography. In my preliminary task I only had one good photo to use which made my production very poor. I improved this in my main production as I had two photoshoots that allowed me to take a large amount of images that gave me a huge amount to choose from to make my main task the best it can be. when taking photos I also learned about composing shots better as in my preliminary task I did not give space in the photos for the production of a magazine around it. I learned from this and for my main production I left space for construction elements like the Masthead, Lures and the article.

The last area I felt I improved on through my tasks was the Layouts of my page which I improved on a huge amount. For example, my contents page layout in the most drastically changed from preliminary to full product. this is because of greater care in research and production was taken by me to get the layout right this time, I used a categorised contents and different sections to eliminated dead space and create a professional looking product.

No comments:

Post a Comment